2014 OREGON MIDDLE SCHOOL REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
TOURNAMENT DATE: Saturday, March 8th tournament starts at 9am, doors open at 8am.
ENTRY FEE: There will be a $4 entry fee for spectators (under 6 are free).
WEIGH-INS: Friday, March 7th from 4-7pm at tournament location determined by each region.
OSAA rules for weigh-ins are in effect. Absolutely, no weight cutting at the facility and no leaving the weigh in area, once you are present. Coaches, make this clear to all your parents and wrestlers.
TOURNAMENT LOCATIONS: 4 locations
Willamette – Woodburn High School – (contact –Andy Coulombe)
Eastern – Riverside High School – (contact - Richard Rockwell) email@example.com
Central – Mountain View High School (contact – Les Combs)
WEIGHTS: 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 102, 110, 117, 125, 132, 140, 150, 160, 175, 195, 220, 275
SEEDING: The top 6 Wrestlers will be seeded based on the following criteria:
• Placers from the Middle School State Tournament the previous year.
• Top 3 placers from regionals the previous year
* No changes will be made after weigh-ins/registration are concluded.
WRESTLER REGISTRATION FEE: $20 per wrestler, payable at weigh-ins.
TOURNAMENT STYLE: The regional tournaments will be ran as “open” tournaments, and you can bring as many kids at each weight as you like. Generally the brackets have varied from region to region, but are usually around 16-man brackets. Wrestlers must wrestle for the school they attend. No combining of teams and no ALL STAR teams. No exceptions.
QUALIFIER FOR STATE: The top 4 placers from each region will qualify for the Oregon Middle School State Championships the following Saturday at Woodburn High School.
• There will be no 5th/6th place match at Regionals. Consolation wrestle back for a true 3rd Place.
• Three, 1.5 minute rounds.
• Overtime will be 1 minute neutral “sudden death” with a 30 second “sudden death” double overtime from the referees position.
• Headgear is required.
• A technical fall will be 12 points.
• Only open to 6-8 graders. No exceptions
• No team scores will be compiled at regionals.
• Coaches will be required to pay $5.00 for a coaches pass and only coaches are allowed in the corner. Please communicate this with parents and wrestlers.
• OSAA officials will be at each Region
• Concessions and t-shirts will be available at all locations